Stars Classic

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tammy - Debbie Reynolds/The Ames Brothers/Sam Cooke/Hank Snow/Connie Francis/The Graham Bond Organisation/Duan Eddy

[From "Tammy and the Bachelor"]
    
Tammy
I hear the cottonwoods whisp'rin' above
Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in love
The ole hootie owl, hootie hoo's to the dove
Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in love

Does my lover feel what I feel
When he comes near
My heart beats so joyfully
You'd think that he could hear

Wish I knew if he knew what I'm dreaming of
Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in love

Whippoorwill, whippoorwill, you and I know
Tammy, Tammy, can't let him go
The breeze from the bayou keeps murmuring low:
"Tammy, Tammy, you love him so".

When the night is warm,
Safe and warm,
I long for his charms
I'd sing like a violin
If I were in his arms.

Wish I knew if he knew
What I'm dreaming of
Tammy, Tammy,
Tammy's in love