Stars Classic

Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm Moving On - Hank Snow/Ray Charles/Johnny Nash/Elvis Presley/Grant Green and Jimmy Smith/Timi Yuro/The Rolling Stones/The Everly Brothers/The Taste/John Kay/Tina Turner/Micky Gilley

I'm Moving On
That big eight wheeler rollin' down the track 
Means your true lovin' daddy ain't comin' back 
'Cause I'm movin' on, I'll soon be gone 
You were flyin' too high, for my little old sky 
So I'm movin' on 

That big loud whistle as it blew and blew 
Said hello to the southland, we're comin' to you 
When we're movin' on, oh hear my song 
You had the laugh on me, so I've set you free 
And I'm movin' on 

Mister fireman, won't you please listen to me 
'Cause I got a pretty mama in Tennessee 
Keep movin' me on, keep rollin' on 
So shovel the coal, let this rattler roll 
And keep movin' me on 

Mister Engineer, take that throttle in hand 
This rattler's the fastest in the southern land 
To keep movin' me on, keep rollin' on 
You gonna ease my mind, put me there on time 
And keep rollin' on 

I've told you, baby, from time to time 
But you just wouldn't listen or pay me no mind 
Now I'm movin' on, I'm rollin' on 
You've broken your vow, and it's all over now 
So I'm movin' on 

You've switched your engine, now I ain't got time 
For a triflin' woman on my main line 
Cause I'm movin on, you done your daddy wrong 
I warned you twice, now you can settle the price 
'Cause I'm movin on 

But someday, baby, when you've had your play 
You're gonna want your daddy but your daddy will say 
Keep movin' on, you stayed away too long 
I'm through with you, too bad you're blue 
Keep movin' on