Stars Classic

Saturday, July 9, 2011

After the Gold Rush - Neil Young

  
After the Gold Rush
Well, I dreamed I saw the knights 
In armor coming, 
Saying something about a queen.
There were peasants singing and 
Drummers drumming 
And the archer split the tree.

There was a fanfare blowing 
To the sun 
That was floating on the breeze. 
Look at mother nature on the run 
In the nineteen seventies. 
Look at mother nature on the run 
In the nineteen seventies.

I was lying in a burned out basement 
With the full moon in my eyes,
I was hoping for replacement 
When the sun burst thru the sky.
There was a band playing in my head 
And I felt like getting high.

I was thinking about what a 
Friend had said, 
I was hoping it was a lie.
Thinking about what a 
Friend had said,
I was hoping it was a lie.

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver 
Space ships flying 
In the yellow haze of the sun, 
There were children crying 
And colors flying 
All around the chosen ones.

All in a dream, all in a dream 
The loading had begun. 
They were flying mother nature's 
Silver seed to a new home in the sun
Flying mother nature's 
Silver seed to a new home.