Stars Classic

Thursday, July 28, 2011

You Better Move On - Arthur Alexander/Bobby Vee/The Rolling Stones/Dave Berry/The Hollies/Johnny Rivers/Dean Martin/The Logar/Willy "Mink" DeVille/George Jones & Johnny Paycheck/Larry Finnegan/Ringo Starr

      
You Better Move On
You ask me to give up the hand of the girl I love 
You tell me, I'm not the man she's worthy of 
But who are you, to tell her who to love
That's up to her, yes, and the Lord above 
You better move on 

Well, I know you can buy her fancy clothes and diamond rings
But I believe she's happy with me without those things 
Still you beg me to set her free 
But my friend, that will never be 
You better move on 

Now I don't blame you for loving her 
But can't you understand, man, she's my girl 
And I, never, never, ever gonna let her go 
‘Cause I, yeah, I love her so 

I think you better go now , I'm getting mighty mad 
You ask me to give up the only love I've ever had 
Maybe I would, oh, but I love her so 
I'm never gonna let her go 
You better move on