Stars Classic

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Framed - The Robins/Richie Valens/Alex Harvey & his Soul Band/The Canned Heat/Cheech & Chong/Los Lobos

     
Framed
I was walkin' down the street, mindin' my own affair
When two policemen grabbed me, unaware
He says ´Is your name Henry´ I says´Why sure´
He says ´You, the boy I´m lookin´ for´

I was framed, framed, I was blamed, framed
Well, I never knew nothin', but I always get framed
Oh, framed

They took him in the line up and let those bright
Lights shine, there was ten poor souls like me in that line
I knew I was a victim of someone's evil plan
When a stool pidgeon walked in and says´ That´s your man´

I was framed, framed, I was blamed, oh, framed, framed, framed
Well, I never knew nothin' but I always get framed

Well, the prosecutor turned and started a prosecutin´ me
Man,that cat didn´t give me the one, but the third degree
He says´Where were you on the night of July 1953´
´Man, I was just home, just a tweedle-a-dee´

I was framed, oh, framed, I was blamed, oh, framed, framed, framed
Well, I never knew nothin', but I always get framed
Oh, framed, oh, framed.