Stars Classic

Monday, August 22, 2011

Goin' Back - Goldie/Dusty Springfield/The Byrds/Carole King/Larry Lurex (Freddy Mercury)/Nils Lofgren

  
    
Goin' Back
I think I'm goin' back
To the things 
I learned so well 
In my youth

I think I'm returning to
Those days 
When I was young enough 
To know the truth

Now there are no games 
To only pass the time
No more colouring books
No Christmas bells to chime

But thinking young 
And growing older
Is no sin
And I can play 
The game of life to win

I can recall the time
When I wasn't ashamed
To reach out to a friend
And now I think I've got
A lot more than 
A skipping rope to lend

Now there's more to do 
Than watch my sailboat glide
And everyday can be 
My magic carpet ride
And I can play 
Hide and seek with my fears
And live my days 
Instead of counting my years

Let everyone debate 
The true reality
I'd rather see the world 
The way it used to be
A little bit of freedom's
All we lack
So catch me if you can
I'm goin' back