Stars Classic

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oh Lonesome Me (Oh, das wär Schön)- Don Gibson/Bob Luman/Eydie Gorme/Wanda Jackson/Craig Douglas/Johnny Cash/Johnny Burnett/Loretta Lynn/Connie Francis/George Jones/Sammy Davis Jr./The Beau Brummels/Dave Dudley/Neil Young/The Walkers/Ray Charles and Ronnie Milsap

  
           
Oh Lonesome Me
Everybody's going out and having fun
I'm just a fool for staying home and having none
I can't get over how she set, set me free 
Oh, lonesome me

A bad mistake I'm making by just hanging round
I know that I should have some fun and paint the town
A lovesick fool is blind and just can't see 
Oh, lonesome me

Well, I'll bet, she's not like me 
She's out and fancy free
Flirtin' with the boys with all her charms
Oh, but I still love her so and, brother, don't you know

I'd welcome her right back here in my arms
There must be some way I can lose these lonesome blues
Forget about the past and find somebody new
I've thought of everything from A to Z 
Oh, lonesome me

[Guitar]

Well, I'll bet she's not like me...
Oh, lonesome me, oh, lonesome me