Stars Classic

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gin House Blues--Gin/Gin House/Me and My Gin - Bessie Smith/Nina Simone/Dinah Washington/Cuby & The Blizzards/The Amen Corner/The Animals/The Amen Corners/Paul Banks with Jakob Dinesen/Andy Fairweather Low/with Eric Clapton/Jeanne Carroll & The Turnaround

Gin House Blues

I've got a sad, sad story today (twice),
I'm goin' to the gin house when the whistle blows,
My troubles come like rain, that's all been poured before

My man keeps me cryin' all night (twice),
I'm goin' to the gin house, sit there by myself,
I mean to drown my sorrows by sweet somebody else

I've got those worried kind of gin house blues (twice),
I'll make one trip there to seek to ease my mind,
And if I do, I'm gonna make it my last time

It takes a good smart woman these days (twice),
To hold her man when these gals have got so many tearful ways
I mean to watch my man, don't care what these other gals say

I've got to see the conjure man too (twice),
Because these gin house blues is campin' 'round my door,
I want him to dry them off so they won't come back no more

Me and My Sin
'Cause I'm in my sin
I said, stay away from me, everybody
'Cause I'm in my sin

You know I'm beggin' you
Somebody give me my gin

Stay away from me
Unless you wanna big fight
Stay away from me everybody
Unless you wanna get involved in a fight

I'll fight the army and the Royal Navy
If I don't get some gin tonight

Hey, when I'm feeling high
Everythings all right
Hey, when I'm feelin' high
Everything is really all right

Gin is gonna be my wife
For the rest of my life
Give me my gin

I can get a drink of gin
Well, almost any old time
I can get myself a drink of gin, yeah, yeah
Almost any old time

If I can't get myself a drink of gin
I guess I'll have to settle for red wine

I said stay away from me, everybody
Unless you wanna start a fight
Yeah, stay away from me, everybody
Unless you wanna start a big fight

I'll fight the army and the navy
If I don't get myself some gin tonight
Now, now, now, listen to me, baby

Hey, stay away from me, everybody
'Cause I'm in my sin
Whoa, stay away from me, everybody
'Cause I'm in the sin, baby

I'll fight the army and the navy
Somebody, somewhere, give me my gin

'Cause I'm in my sin
I said, stay away from me, everybody

No comments: