Stars Classic

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know - The Blood, Sweat & Tears/Tina Britt/Donny Hathaway/Al Kooper (Solo)/The Cold Blood

 
I love you more than you'll ever know

If I ever leave you 
You can say I told you so 
And if I ever hurt you, babe 
You know I hurt myself as well 

(Chorus:) 
Is that any way for a man to carry on 
D'you think he wants his little loved one gone
I love you, baby, more than you'll ever know 
More than you'll ever know 

When I wasn't makin' too much money 
You know where my paycheck went 
You know I brought it home to baby 
And I never spent one red cent 

(Chorus) 

I'm not tryin' to be 
Any kind of man 
I'm tryin' to be somebody 
You can love, trust, and understand 
I know that I can be, yeah yeah 
A part of you that no one else could see 
I just gotta hear, to hear you say 
It's all right 
Yeah, yeah, yeah 

I'm only flesh and blood 
But I can be anything that you demand 
I could be president of General Motors, baby, heh 
Or just a tiny little grain of sand 

(Chorus) 
(Instrumental break)

If I ever leave you 
You can say I told you so 
And if I ever hurt you, baby 
You know I hurt myself as well 

(Chorus) 

I love you, I love you, I love you, baby
Well, alright
I told ya, so many times before 
I love you 
I love you
If you don't know, then I'll tell ya one more time 
I love you
I love you

No comments: