Stars Classic

Saturday, November 12, 2011

You Can't Judge a Book by the (Its) Cover - Bo Didley/Eric Clapton with Sonny Boy Williamson & The Yardbirds/The Monkees/The Cactus/Stevie Wonder/The Mugwumps/The Eruptions/Roy Buchanan & Delbert McClinton/The Fabulous Thunderbirds

You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover

You can't judge an apple by looking at a tree
You can't judge honey by looking at the bee
You can't judge a daughter by looking at the mother
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover

Oh, can't you see, oh, you misjudge me
I look like a farmer but I'm a lover
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover, oh, oh, oh

Oh, come on in closer, baby
Hear what else I gotta say
You got your radio turned down too low
Turn it up, oh

You can't judge sugar by looking at the cane
You can't judge a woman by looking at her man
You can't judge a sister by looking at her brother
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover

Oh can't you see, oh, you misjudge me
Well, I look like a farmer but I'm a Lover
Can't judge a book by looking at the cover, come on

Oh, how am I doin', baby, oh

Yeah, you can't judge a fish by lookin' in the pond
You can't judge right from looking at the wrong
You can't judge one by looking at the other
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover

Oh, can't you see, oh, you misjudge me
Am like a farmer but I'm a lover
Can't judge a book by looking at the cover

No comments: