Stars Classic

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Key to the Highway - Charles Segar/Jazz Gillum/Big Bill Broonzy/John Lee Hooker/Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee/Little Walter/The Rolling Stones/Nick Simmons/Eddie Boyd and his Blues Band/The Steve Miller Band/Eric Clapton and The Band/with B.B. King/with The Allman Brothers/with Buddy Guy/with Steve Winwood/B.B. King/with Jeff Beck/Derek and The Dominos/Johnny Winter/Don Covay and The Jefferson Lemon Blues Band/Freddie King/Rod Piazza with Friends/Sonny Landreth/Jorma Kaukonen and David Bromberg/Keith Richards/with Johnnie Johnson/Jerry Dycke/Junior Wells

Key(s) to the Highway
I got the key to the highway,
And I'm billed out and bound to go
I'm gonna leave here runnin',
'Cause walkin' is most too slow

I'm goin' down on the border,
Now where I'm better known
'Cause, woman, you don't do nothin',
But drive a good man 'way from home

Now when the moon creeps over the mountain,
I'll be on my way
Now I'm gonna walk this old highway,
until the break of day

Run here, sweet mama,
Now and help me with this heavy load
I am due in West Texas,
And I've got to get on the road

I'm goin' to West Texas,
I'm goin' down behind the sun
I'm gonna ask the good Lord
What evil have I done

No comments: