Stars Classic

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Slip Away - Clarence Carter/Barbara Lewis/Tyrone Davis/Travis Wammack/Tim Hedling with The Gregg Allman Band/The Commitments

 
Slip Away
What would I give for just a few moments
What would I give just to have you near
Tell me you would try to slip away somehow
Oh, I need you, darling, I want to see you right now

Can you slip away, slip away
Slip away, oh, I need you so

Oh, love, oh, love, how sweet it is
When you still involve it
Let me tell you how sweet it is

Now I know it's wrong, 
The things I ask you to do
But please believe me, darling 
I don't mean to hurt you

But can you slip away
Without him knowin you're gone
Baby, we could meet somewhere, 
Somewhere where we both are not known

And yes, can you slip away, slip away,
Slip away, I need you so
Oh, can you slip away, baby
I'd like to see you right now, darling

Can you slip away, baby
'Cause I got to, got to see you
I feel a deep burning inside
Oh, I wish you could slip away
(Fades)

No comments: