Stars Classic

Friday, February 17, 2012

Won't Be Long - Aretha Franklin/Dusty Springfield/P.J. Proby and Led Zeppelin/Eva Cassidy

Won't Be Long
Baby, here I am by the railroad tracks waiting for my baby
'Cause he's coming back, coming back to me on the 503
And it won't be long, no, it won't be long

I've been so lonesome since the man has been gone
There ain't a thing worth mentioning, nothin' been going on

And that's why I know when the whistle blows
Yeah, that it won't be long, no, no, it won't be long

My daddy told me when he said goodbye
Yes, he did
"I'll be back, baby, baby, by and by"

And that's why I waited so doggone long, yeah
Can't you see how happy I am
Because the man is coming home

So now, here I be by the railroad tracks, oh, waiting for my baby
He's coming back, coming back to me on the 503
Yeah, and it won't be long, no, no, it won't be long

I ain't had no loving since you know when
He's a long-gone rooster and I'm a lonesome hen

And that's why I'm sure when the whistle blows
Yeah, that it won't be long, no, no, it won't be long

Mmm, and I'm so excited, my knees are shaking, yeah
Mr. Engineer, "Don't you keep me waiting, you hear me?"
Telling you, "Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry"
"Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry"

Baby, here I am, oh, by the railroad tracks
Waiting for my baby, he's coming back

Coming back to me, Lord, on the 503
Yeah, and it won't be long, no, it won't be long

Ahh, yeah, I know when the whistle blows
Hey, that it won't be long, no, no, it won't be long
I don't know about you, but I know, yeah, I know
That it won't be long, no, no, it won't be long
Said it won't be long, no, it won't be long

1 comment:

Frank Smart said...

Dusty wins this hands down for me-