Stars Classic

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Don't Let the Green Grass Fool You - Wilson Pickett/The Spinners/O.B McClinton/Earl Lewis & The Channels

Don't Let the Green Grass Fool You
Girl, try to remember when we didn't have no shoes
We stuck together just me and you
It took a long time to get what we got today
Now you wanna give it all up for another guy

Baby, I'm tellin' you,
Don't let the green grass fool you
Don't let it change your mind

It's gonna be hard for me, babe
Feel my life all over, but, baby,
You got the love that I really need, really

'Cause if you leave, leave me this way, babe
You know what, I may not live to see a brand new day

Oh, baby, don't let the green grass fool you
Don't let it, change your mind
You know why, it may be greener on the other side, babe
But right in my arms is where you belong

(Instrumental break)


Don't let the green grass fool you, don't let it change
Your mind, oh, baby, you'll be free on the other side
Baby, but right, right, in my arms is where you belong

Baby, come on, come on, you got to feel it
Don't let the green grass fool you, baby,
Don't let it change your mind
Don't let it fool you, babe,
In my arms is where you belong

No comments: