Stars Classic

Monday, March 5, 2012

Hoodoo Man Blues - Junior Wells' Chicago Blues Band/with Buddy Guy

Hoodoo Man Blues
Lord, I wonder what's has got the matter wit' time, you know, wit' time 
It seems like the hours, oh, everything done changed 

But I hold up my hand, I'm just tryin' t'make her understand 
Lord, you know, everybody tells little Junior 
That somebody done hoodooed the hoodoo man. 

Now, I'm goin' down to Louisiano an' get me a mojo hand 
My little woman, she done quit me for some other man 

But I hold up my hand, I'm tryin' to make her understand 
Lord, you know, everybody, they tells me, 
That somebody done hoodooed the hoodoo man 

(Spoken:) 
"Well, that's what I'm talkin'"

Now I buzzed your bell this morning, you had your elevator running slow 
I buzzed your bell, little woman, to take me on the third floor 

But I hold up my hand, I'm just trying to make you understand 
Lord, you know, everybody tells li'l Junior, 
"Somebody hoodooed the hoodoo man."

No comments: