Stars Classic

Friday, March 2, 2012

Tobacco Road - John D. Loudermilk/Lou Rawls/The Nashville Teens/The Spooky Tooth/The Jefferson Airplane/Junior Wells/The Love Affair/The Blues Magoos/Bobbie Gentry/David Clayton Thomas/Eric Burdon & The War/The Rare Earth/Johnny Duncan/Edgar Winter/The Shocking Blue/The Mud/Steve Young/The Little Bob Story/Dan Seals/Roy Clark & Gatemouth Brown/David Lee Roth

Tobacco Road
I was born in a lump
Mama died and daddy got drunk
Left me here to die
Or grow in the middle of Tobacco Road

Grew up in a rusty shack
All I owned was a hangin' on my back
Only Lord knows how I loathe
This place called Tobacco Road

But it's home
The only life I've ever, ever knowed
But the Lord knows I loathe Tobacco Road

(Instrumental break)

Gonna leave, get a job
With the help and the grace of God
Save my money, get rich
I know bring it back to Tobacco Road

Bring dynamite and a crane
Blow it up and start all over again
Build a town be proud to show
Keep the name Tobacco Road

'Cause it's home
The only life I've ever, ever knowed
I despite you 'cause you're filthy
But I love you 'cause you're home

No comments: