Stars Classic

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

If You Gotta Go, Go Now - Bob Dylan/The Manfred Mann/Johnny Hallyday/The Fairport Covention/Rick Nelson & The Stone Canyon Band

If you Gotta Go, Go Now
Listen to me, baby
I'm trying to make you see
That I want to be with you, girl
If you want to be with me

(Chorus:)
But if you got to go
It's alright
But if you got to go, go now
Or else you got to stay all night

I am just a poor boy, baby
Trying to connect
But I don't want you thinking
Or that I ain't got any respect

(Chorus)

Now I'm not trying to question you
To take part in any quiz
It's just that I don't have a watch
And you keep asking me what time it is

(Chorus)

Now I don't want to make you give
Anything you never gave before
It's just that I'll be sleeping soon
It'll be too dark for you to find the door

(Chorus)

No comments: