Stars Classic

Monday, April 9, 2012

St. James Infirmary Blues (1) - Irving Mills and Duke Ellington/Abner Jay/Louis Armstrong/George E. Lee's Novelty Singing Orchestra/Wingy Manone/Joe Cocker/The Graham Bond Organisation/Eric Burdon & The Animals/Eric Clapton & Dr. John/The Paul Butterfield Blues Band/Cab Calloway/Doc Watson/Dave Van Ronk/Danny Barker/Scatman Crothers/The Standells/The Doors/Bobby Bland/Johnny Kendall/Stan Kenton/Jackie Wilson/Cisco Houston/Earl Hines/Lily Tomlin/The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo/Hal Waters/Spider John Koerner/Harry Connick Jr./Snooks Eaglin

St. James Infirmary Blues
Well, folks, I'm goin' down to St. James Infirmary,
See my little baby there
She's stretched out on a long, white table,
Well, she looks so good, so calm, so fair.

Let her go, let her go, God bless her,
Wherever she may be,
You may search this whole wide world over,
But you'll never find another sweetheart like me.

Take apart your bones and put 'em back together,
Tell your mama that you're somebody new.
Feel the breeze blowin', come on, look out, here it comes,
Now I can say whatever I feel like to you.

Then give me six crap shootin' pall bearers,
Let a chorus girl sing me a song
Put a little odds on old Sweet Grace,
Hallelujah, as we go along, well

Well, folks, now that you have heard my story,
Say, boy, hand me another shot of that rye
And if anyone else should ask you,
Just tell 'em I've got some of those St. James Infirmary blues.

No comments: