Stars Classic

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stardust - Hoagy Carmichael & His Collegians/The Chocolate Dandies/Fats Waller and Art Tatum/Isham Jones/Lionel Hampton & Oscar Peterson/Louis Armstrong/Bing Crosby/Ella Fitzgerald/Doris Day/Billy Ward & His Dominoes/Tommy Edwards/Sam Taylor/Nino Tempo and April Stevens/Ringo Starr/The Three Degrees/Johnny Mathis/Willie Nelson/Wynton Marsalis

Stardust
Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely nights dreaming of a song
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you

When our love was new
And each kiss an inspiration
Ah but that was long ago
Now my consolation is in the stardust of a song

Beside the garden wall when stars are bright
You are in my arms
The nightingale tells his fairy tale
Of paradise where roses grew

Though I dream in vain
In my heart it will remain
My stardust melody
The memory of love's refrain

No comments: