Stars Classic

Friday, May 25, 2012

Ubangi Stomp - Warren Smith/The Velaires/Jerry Lee Lewis/Carl Mann/The Trashmen/Hank C. Burnette/Alice Cooper/The Tomcats/The Stray Cats/The Slippers


Ubangi Stomp
Well, I rocked over Italy and I rocked over Spain
I rocked in Memphis, it was all the same
Well, I rocked through Africa and rolled of the ship
And seen them, natives, doin' an odd lookin' skip
I parted the weeds and looked over the swamp
Seen them, cats, doin' the Ubangi stomp
Ubangi stomp with the rock and roll
Beats anything that you've ever been told
Ubangi stomp, Ubangi style
When it hits, it drives a cool cat wild

Well, I looked up the chief, he invited me in
He said, a heep big jam session's 'bout to begin
He handed me a tom-tom, I picked up that beat
That crazy thing sent shivers to my feet
I rocked and I rolled and I skipped with a smile
I done the Ubangi stomp, Ubangis tyle

Well, we rocked all night and part of the day
Had a good rockin' time with the chief's daughter May
I was makin' good time and a-gettin' to know
Then the captain said, "Son, we gotta go"
I said, "That's alright, you go right ahead"
I'm gonna Ubangi stomp 'till I roll over dead

No comments: