Stars Classic

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Green Green Grass of Home - Jerry Lee Lewis/Porter Wagoner/Charley Pride/Tom Jones/Claude "Curly" Putman/Joan Baez/Dalida/Nana Mouskouri/Joe Tex/Johnny Cash/The Flying Burrito Brothers with Gram Parsons/Elvis Presley/Ted Hawkins/Merle Haggard/Chet Atkins/Kenny Rogers/Red Foley/Boris Gudjunov/Marty Robbins

                
Green Green Grass of Home
The old home town looks the same,
As I step down from the train

And there to greet me is my mama and my papa
Down the road I look, and there runs Mary,
Hair of gold, lips like cherries,
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home

Yes, they'll all come to meet me, arms reachin', smilin' sweetly,
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home

The old house is still standin','though the paint is cracked and dry
And there's that old oak tree, that I used to play on.
Down the lane, I'll walk with my sweet Mary,
Hair of gold and lips like cherries
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

Then I awake and look around me,
At the four gray walls that surround me,
And I realize ,yes, I was only dreaming,
For there's a guard and a sad old padre,
Arm in arm, we'll walk at daybreak,
And at last I'll touch the green green grass of home