Stars Classic

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nobody's Child - Hank Snow/Tony Sheridan and The Beatles/The Traveling Wilburys/Karen Young/Billy Fury

  
 
Nobody's Child
(Chorus)
I'm nobody's child 
I'm nobody's child 
I'm like a flower, just growing wild
There's no mommy's kisses 
And no daddy's smiles
Nobody wants me 
I'm nobody's child

As I was slowly passin' an orphan's home one day,
I stopped there for a moment, just to watch the children play
Alone a boy was standin' and when I asked him why
He turned with eyes that couldn't see and he began to cry 

(Chorus)

Some people come for children and take them for their own
But they all seem to pass me by and leave me all alone
I know they'd like to take me but when they see I'm blind
They always take some other child and I'm left behind

(Chorus)

No mother's arms to hold me or soothe me when I cry
Sometimes it gets so lonely, here I wish I could die
I'll walk the streets of heaven where all the blinds can see
And just like for the other kids, there'd be a home for me
No mommy's kisses and no daddy's smiles 
Nobody wants me, I'm nobody's child